 Trains / 17939
Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:48:15 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

James Powell wrote in message ...

If there is a way to borrow enough DCC keypads (digitrax), I would be
willing to offer up my DCC stuff for use.  I should have 20 motors • converted
to DCC by Jan (I have ~12 right now)

If it were a small group, and the interest is limited, there is the option
of doing it in a house.  I have ~30x15 for lego, including 2 levels...the
problem with this is that it is on the island, and rather far from Victoria
(52K from downtown).

Thanks for the offers, James. I've been assuming that we won't be able to
have DCC since 99% of people don't have converted motors etc, but if you
have that many available it just might be possible. We wouldn't need as many
keypads as motors, presumably, since not all locos will be in use at once.

DCC would certainly make things a lot easier, though extra power feeds
would be necessary to assure all lines are powered at all times. Using
one person's DCC motors would limit the locomotives used to ones where
the motor can be easily swapped, but I'm not sure that's much of a
problem since the goal is to have a fun operating session more than to
look at all the cool MOCs.

For a small group, we probably have a large space available in a member's
house over here, which would be easier of access to people not on the
Island.

Count me as interested in such a thing, though I'm not sure how far I
could/would travel for such an event.

Frank