 Trains / 15713
    Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up) —Robert Powell
   <Snip> (...) It is my experience that all of the train motors are directional. I frequently use 2 motors per train and if you don't get them both going the same direction, well, the train won't go anywhere. I usually look on the bottom of the motors (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up) —James Trobaugh
    Hate to disagree with you Robert, but the LEGO train motors don't work that way. It doesn't matter which way you put them on the track, they will all travel in the same direction. You can not run to motors on the same loop of track in opposite (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up) —John Neal
    (...) I thought he was kidding;-) (...) *Unless* you have altered them by adding a DCC chip, in which case you could. -John (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up) —James Trobaugh
   (...) Well yes that's true, or you could just open the motor and reverse some of the wiring inside so that the motor runs the opposite direction of a stock motor, but I really doubt it would be worth the effort. If you really want to crash them, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up) —Robert Powell
   Sorry guys! Yes, John caught me. I was gearing up for April 1 and forgot to post it Off-topic. (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)