 Trains / 15070
Re: GG-1 MOC Complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:35:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
I have posted pictures of my completed GG-1 - see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=11823.

The locomotive is 6-wide (of course) and 50 studs long.  You can only do so
much selective compression when there are so many wheels.  Even at 50 studs,
it does go around curves.  The panatographs go up and down.

Sorry for the picture quality - I hope to get better ones up soon.  The
model is red with a gray strip.

I am real happy with the way it came out.  Let me know what you think.

It's hard to do Loewy compound curves in this medium but I was very
impressed with how close you got! I eagerly await better pics.

My biggest criticism is the pantographs do not seem delicate enough but it's
hard to get them lacey given what we have to work with. (consider the
totally weak ones I came up with on my Shinkasen, for example... hardly
lacey at all) You could go with the metro/4551 pantos but those are single
arm and double is really called for.

Very nice work!