 Trains / 1449
Re: A4 British Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:06:10 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Hi Doug,

Looks like a good start! Did you build it with the boiler top horizontal
to begin with? Does the stepped top in the photos look better?

Im not sure i get your drift when you say horizontal...
The LDraw render of it is a preliminary idea of what i wanted to do,
then the pics are what it is currently,except for the functionality of
the wheels/drivers.
If you didnt find the actual pics, click on the text above the thumbnail
pic with the dragon.
(I guess i should make that pic part of the link)

Re the wheels: I built a 4-6-0 GC steamer a few months ago using Technic
pulley/wheels for the drivers and put the train motor in the tender. The
train motor wheels are way too small to ever look right as drivers on a
loco that size, I think. Here are pics of it, including the chassis
construction of you scroll down far enough.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/trains.html

Saw that one, very nice.  As I said, Im still in the process of finding
the way I like the wheels, so it may end up like that, who knows.

Kevin

Any other questions, suggestions, and/or comments are always welcome.
-Doug
Ps-sorry i took so long to reply!
Douglas Glasnapp        "Just because you're paranoid, it
                    doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
ICQ: 5143696         http://students.db.erau.edu/~glasnapd/
Lego Code: MOC+++,CA++ #+++++ S+ LS+ Hal M+ A YB78m