 Trains / 14024
Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:49:03 GMT

Josh Baakko wrote:

In lugnet.announce, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,
Here's some photos of the PNLTC Display at GATS.

I like the pumpkin patch, basket balls from the pens right?  Big boat
dealership too!  Who made the word train:

"NOT THIS BUT THAT AND OR"?

Thanks for the kind words! (Pardon the pun) I actually did all of those.
Sorry we didn't get some close-ups of the boat dealership. It had some nice
touches, I thought.
Large (5 stud tall) anchor on the roof next to the sign; inside: a deal
table, a break area, and a merchandise display.

The word train was indeed part of the Conjunction Junction (see:
For the record, I tried to capture the cartoonish [1] look of the cars; and
the station (with switchman) is as close as I could get to the original.
The Schoolhouse Rock videos are still available, btw, as are the CDs. Amazon
says DVD will be available soon, as well.

Additionally...

Jason Spears wrote:

Am I wrong or is there a little bit of Carlie Brown influence in this:

You are only wrong in that there is a "little bit." As always, Linus and
Sally are waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin, who, thanks to
a cam gear, and a
motor taking power from the mainline, popped up and down every 10-15 seconds
or so. And yes, the small pumpkins are pen parts, but not basketballs. They
are
actual pumpkins with spiders and spider webs on them. LEGOLAND, CA sells
them in bulk at a kiosk. They come in other cool colors too.

Rick Clark
PNLTC

1. "'Cartoon' is a noun, but the ending 'ish' makes it an adjective:
'Cartoonish,' that describes the look of the cars. Get it?" [2]
2. With apologies to George Newall, writer of "Unpack Your Adjectives."