 Trains / 13152
Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:37:47 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
I have seen
that the blue era 12v motor uses the same housing as a 4.5v motor and
has special bricks which plug in the bottom which provide the conducting
studs to contact the conducting rails
(I also have a set of these bricks
which have a much larger pin which does not fit in any motor block I
have, has anyone had experience with that?

Certainly you have a type 107 motor but the brushes are for 103. the other way
round that would be no problem at all..... More info here:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html#103

Does anyone have a old style
12v motor with the larger holes they would be interested in
selling/trading?).

I see you bidding now and then at ebay.de. Try to get a 103 motor (the one
without technic hole). Those are in 4.5 volt often to have for much less than
10$.

What is the easiest way to identify a 103 motor?

I also have a 156 with the cutoff switch attachment for a 100 motor, is
this useable at all with the 103 motor (not that one really needs it
since the battery car has the cutoff and reversing switches built in,
but if one wanted to use another battery box with a 4.5v motor the
cutoff would be handy).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com