 Trains / 13151
    Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Katie Dokken
   I apologize if this has been posted before but I just got my October 2001 issue of Garden Railways magazine (for G scale/Gauge 1 trains) in the mail last night. Right on the front page is a reference to an article called "Miniature Gardening at (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Steve Martin
     (...) The only thing I remember from my visit a few years ago to Billund was that the width of the cars was 18 studs. Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Frank Filz
     (...) Sadly, the Legoland (at least California) train framework (track and trucks) is pretty lame. The track is strips of metal set vertcally in concrete (no ties, nowhere near the shape of real rail) and doesn't have working turnouts (points). The (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Katie Dokken
     (...) Hmmmm..... I don't have the magazine with me at work today but I recall the pictures I saw, had what looked like aluminium (or nickel) rails with wood ties. There definately were ties set in what looked like gravel/dirt. I don't remember off (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) You're both right. In built up areas the rails are attached directly to concrete (very unprototypical) and in countryside settings, they rest on ties as you describe, But the ties are offscale, too large and too widely spaced. Frank's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Frank Filz
     (...) I guess I was remembering primarily the concrete sections. (...) As an outdoor display, I'd rate it pretty good. As an outdoor model railroad, I'd rate it pretty low. The article was pretty nice, with several pictures. They also included a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine —Tom Cook
   My recollection of the trains at LEGOLAND California was that the gauge was larger than No. 1. I also remember the rail looking like rectangular aluminum stock with much of it fastened in concrete, although some of the "country" scenes had ties, as (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)