 Trains / 12816
12815  |  12817
Subject:
Expert question for 60ies trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:18:34 GMT

Hi all!

I have a still unsolved problem with the hook couplings of the 60ies:

There are two types of them:

- the one version has 2x2 plates (one with hole one with hook)
As for e.g. shown in building inbstruction of 111:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0111-1966/0111-c2.html

- the second versin uses 2x4 plates for both parts of the coupling
as shown for e.g. in 153 (=113)
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0153/0153-01.html

My question:

In which sets have the 2x2 ones been used? Probably in 080, 111, 112, 113, 114,
115 all from 1966 - 1967. But I'm not sure about if all of them had first the
smaller version one, possibly later version 2 or if specific sets have had
always just one specific type of coupling?

Any comments are welcome!

Kind Regards,

Ben