 Trains / 11710
Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Husby writes:
After 9 months I finally put together the Web Page for my Lego
Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing.

I invite you to check it out.
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_traincrossing.html

Nice! I too have been tossing around something like this! My idea was very
similar, but used 4 light sensors, 2 in parallel like this:

Crossing -> |     |
X1        X2|     |X3       X4

X2 & X3 are in parallel, when X1 is broken, boom goes down & stays down
while either X1, X2 or X3 is broken. Similarly for X4. This means X1 & X4
can be some distance from the crossing, so the boom goes down long before
the train arrives, but raises very quickly after it leaves. Safer for minifigs!

Regards

ROSCO