 Trains / 11120
11119  |  11121
Subject:
New 8-wide passenger train online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 12:15:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi folks,

I just uploaded some pictures of my latest train project: The "Riviera-Express"
which was operated by the "Deutsche Bundesbahn" in the 1960s. It traveled from
Hamburg through middle Europe down to the sea-resorts at the italian Riviera
coast.

The steamer is a BR 10 - I now were able to build a real black one, after I
started a white model arround X-Mas last year
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2605). The bad thing is, you
have to "kill" a 5571 black cat truck to get all the nice sloped pieces ;-))

There are 2 9V motors underneath the tender, that is just enought to push the
engine and to pull 5 over 50 stud long train cars! I build a blue 1st class
car, an italian 2nd class car, a green 2nd class car, a dining car (the red
one) and a lugage car. All roofs should be grey, but I just have grey elements
to build 2 complete roofs ;-( But black doesn't look that bad...

Have fun while surfing the pictures at brickshelf! And of course:

LMKWYT!

Regards,
Holger  ...from Germany