 Town / 9550
Re: ACME Industries Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Garrett wrote:
   This MOC represents a typical early 20th century factory designed by architect Albert Kahn. Many such structures were built in Detroit and other cities.

The light gray Lego represents reinforced concrete and the dark red is the brick infill below the large multi-pane windows.

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=239022

MOCpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/28436

This building (or an expanded version thereof) will most likely appear at the NMRA NTS along with my Detroit skyscrapers as part of the MichLTC portion of the ILTCO train layout.

Any comments or constructive criticism will be appreciated. -Jim

Hey, that’s cool. My first impression was that it reminded me of the cover of the Pink Floyd album Animals.

I like the color variation of the red against the grey. Works really well.

-Elroy