 Town / 9425
Re: Another style Garbage Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:17:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

I am thinking the back container section is a stud or two to high >>

Hi Jonathan,

I don’t think the back is too high at all. And I think the curve looks awesome. You’ve really captured the shape of the rear perfectly. Overall this looks excellent.

Thanks. Good to hear. And, thanks again for the killer cab.

   I especially love the greebles on it. They really look garbage-y. Great work doing the cab in dark green too. Confined space use of rareish colours can be a real pain.

It was important for me to do it in dark green. I am going to work on another style cab in dark green as well.

Now for some pedantry ;) It would be really nice if you could fit some mirrors on it. My suggestion would be to replace the snotted 1xN dark green plate(s) just under the cab by 1x1 plates with clip horizontal (6019) and from that clip dark bley or black lightsabers with a couple of clip tiles attached and rotated to suit. It would also have the benefit of distracting from the neccessary (but slightly unsightly) edge to the panels for the windscreen.

I have until now avoided mirrors. My overall thought is they come out to big and detract from the model. But, that said, I have never really tried to incorporate them into a model. I will try it this evening.

   And it needs a driver ;)

Indeed. It will be 1/2 a driver tho’ (maybe I shoudln’t admit that) :o)

   PS. And excellent work on the Post Office.

Thanks!

Best,

Jonathan