 Town / 9214
9213  |  9215
Subject:
Couple of new(ish) buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:58:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I have posted pictures of a couple of buildings I have had kicking around for
awhile.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=214334?

The dark red one was built a few years ago in red, and I recently re-did it in
dark red.  It is inspired by a building called The Piano Factory on Bruckner
Blvd in the Bronx.  I believe the real building is now home to loft style living
spaces.  It is located on the Antique Row section of the Bruckner near the
Willis Ave bridge.  It is a cool little neighborhood, but way to much truck
traffic and a huge recycling facility in the area.

The dark orange building was being built about the time ++Lar was in town last
February.  It was inspired by a building in Jason Spears' Kalamazoo, Michigan
gallery on maj.com, back when a few of us discussed a town building reference
earlier in the year.

Here is a link to the image in Jasons folder:
<http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=238339>

Though the buildings are more of the same from me, thoughts and comments are
always appreciated.

Big thanks to Jason for bringing Kalamazoo to us! OnDrew as well, for starting
that topic! And, actually Tim gave some ideas for the dark orange building too.

Thanks Everyone!

Best,
Jonathan