 Town / 8810
Re: My second Town Structure Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:21:38 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Following Jonathon Lopes’ discovery and announcement of an amazing building I decided I had to build it. So here it is as an entry into Ondrew Hartigan’s Town Structure Contest.

Big pic Different angle MPD

I avoided doing the mural because I wanted something that I could one day use and I am unlikely to buy enough 1x plates to do a mural justice.

Comments are most appreciated,

Tim

Very impressive! The windows look really good and the garage door looks great too. I am also impressed with the quick turnaround time.

I am wondering if the door (the people door) could be done differently? Somehow, it doesn’t read as a door to me. It looks like it could be a door, but also could be something else.

Overall, very nice!

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I was a bit iffy about the door too but I think it is quite similar to the original building. Possibly a bit of creative tweaking would have made it better but I was trying to match the original as closely as possible because I liked it so much. If anyone has any ideas I’m quite open to them.

The garage door is a technique I’ve been wanting to try out for a while. I may have seen it used before but it was about two years since I first did up a design so if I copied it the memory is long gone. It’s really simple: just tiles stuck on headlight bricks. It is pretty part intensive as it requires 40 grey headlight bricks for this model but I think it really looks just right.

Thanks for your comments and especially thanks for pointing the building out in the first place. It was a real pleasure to work on.

Tim