 Town / 8294
Re: My MOCs: large scale jets, cars, and trucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 14:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ralph Savelsberg wrote:
In the last few weeks I have been expanding my brickshelf folder. perhaps you've
seen some of my MOCs on brickshelf's "recent" pages. If not, I would like to
invite you to visit:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RalphS

Some examples:
A black F-14D Super Tomcat (scale 1/36)

A Kenworth heavy Duty wrecker (scale 1/22)

A '60 Chevy Impala coupe (scale 1/22)

A schoolbus and a greyhound (scale 1/22)

Some of these creations have briefly been discussed in build.military but I hope
a larger audience might enjoy them. I'm looking forward to some feedback.

Regards,
Ralph Savelsberg

Well, I'll go ahead and say something - I really like your models!  Lugnet often
seems to prefer original creations, but I've always enjoyed modeling real-life
vehicles like you've done, and done very well.  You've quietly used a lot of
advanced techniques in your models to accurately emulate the real things, and
the level of realism is excellent.  I can see your patience in the high degree
of detail put into rather commonplace objects such as a Greyhound bus. Not so
sure about the somewhat gratuituous use of clear plastic for windshields, but
your stickers I like!  This stuff would all look great in Legoland.

Seth.