 Town / 2391
Re: My Diorama Entry...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.town, Christopher Tracey writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

I like Cristopher was unable to quite finish my Diorama for the Town Contest
but I have submitted it anyway.  I don't have time tonight to add text to
the pictures but I will do that soon.  I just had to get the final set of
pictures up before the deadline tonight.

It is pretty self-explanitory anyway.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/

Hope you like it, LMKWYT and feel free to ask questions.

Eric-
Nice Job!  Maybe our towns could be sister cities!  It already looks
like we use the same phone company. ;)

You noticed that too :-)...

I really like your streetlights and the dumpsters.  The brown and orange
building reminds of Thanksgiving.  I haven't considered using dk gray
for such a large building but it looks real good.  How did you do the
sign on the white and blue building?  Is it a plate and tiles on its
side or is bricks?

Well the Brown and Orange building was a bit of an experiment and I don't think
its to bad although it definitely isn't one of my favorites.  I wouldn't have
considered using dk gray either until we were able to order in from S@H.  As
for the sign it is just a plate with tiles hung sideways with a bracket.

This is my favorite shot:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/PIC00004.JPG
Are you going to add a second row of buildings on the other side of the
street?

Great question.  This particular layout was designed to fit into a very
specific area on the NELUG train layout for our next show.  Once it is done I
have to consider where to go from there.  I have been considering 3 options.

1.  Do as you suggest and add a row of buildings directly opposite this set of
buildings.

2.  Add a row of buildings opposite this one except have another road plate in
between.  This will make it a 4 lane road with 2 lanes going in each direction.
Then I would have a trolly line running down in between the 2 sets of lanes.

3.  Add buildings behind this layout.  These would be more residential
buildings and let me do something different for a while.

I havn't given it a lot of thought because I have to finish this layout first.
After that my son will probably be getting mobile which means the LEGO gets
religated to the basement full time (and my basement isn't a place you want to
spend a lot of time).

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley