 Technic / Bionicle / 1159
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:18:57 GMT

Yes, and they had the right idea, but by not producing rare/one of a kind
masks only available in the mask packs, they will fail miserably. After
collecting the '72 masks available' then what? I haven't seen or heard of a
pack yet that had an infected mask that wasn't a Hau. rarity is a big part of
collectibility, and Lego hasn't figured that out yet.

I dunno, I think all the multi-colored masks are pretty cheezy. I agree that
there should have been greater variety and more unique masks in the packs.
How about an infected mask in every style? That would have been nifty...

                                           - Jordan
                                           lundj@earthlink.net

Alright then, here's a bigger question. Do you consider the masks to be
collectible items from Lego or do you think of them as 12 more building parts in
semi random colors. I think of them in the second way. After all, if it can't be
used in a MOC, then what good is it, really?

I'll agree that infected masks in all varieties should be made available.
Perhaps, Lego will see the error of their ways and fix this.

-Dave Johann
LUGNET Member #524
Founding Member: LUGOLA

HardCore's Haven