 Technic / 9904
Re: baby walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:03:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'll be trying it out soon myself. I figured that if it lifted its foot off
the ground, it would more easily be considered a walker. I hope you have fun
watching it stomp around :).

-jrl

P.S. Are you planning on taking any pics?

Here they are:

The 5 pieces version looks really disproportionate:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5d.jpg
The 6 pieces is nicer and "walks" well:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod6.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod6.mov (350K)

Philo
www.philohome.com

Re: baby walker
In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain writes:

I'll be trying it out soon myself. I figured that if it lifted its foot off
the ground, it would more easily be considered a walker. I hope you have fun
watching it stomp around :).

-jrl

P.S. Are you planning on taking any pics?

Here they are:

The 5 pieces version looks really disproportionate:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5d.jpg
The 6 pieces is nicer and "walks" well:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod6.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod6.mov (350K)

Philo
www.philohome.com

Great!

The six piece design is nicer all around, but I guess if someone wants the
design with one less piece, the fiver is kind of neat in its own way. This
is actually less than an inch tall! I guess that probably classifies it as
the shortest walker (or at least stomper) made from Legos so far, so I think
the name Shorty fits :) Thanks for testing the designs for me, and also the
pictures are very nice :)

-jrl

Re: baby walker