 Technic / 958
Re: Pnumatic stiff need oil?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:42:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Derek Raycraft writes:
I haven't used my pnumatics for a while and the cylindars are stiff.  Has
anyone tried oiling them, and if so what oil did you use?

Thanks for the help,

Derek

Well, when I built my Visible V-8, they recommended the use of vegetable oil;
I used canola and didn't have any problems with it. I haven't yet had to
lubricate my pneumatics stuff yet, so I don't know about that particular
application, but I also don't see any reason it would damage the ABS. Canola
is a very mild vegetable oil, and will wash off with water, anyway. If you do
use it, a little bit will go a long way.

-Cheese