 Technic / 8831
8830  |  8832
Subject:
New Hailfire droid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:12:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi- I am still a bit dazed and stunned by a revelation about the new
hailfire droid:

look at this picture here, before you read the message:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp
image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/lego4481a.jpg

Now, this is the cause of my shock and amazement:
This model has the largest part ever made in lego!
Take a look at the parts holding the wheels on.
they are "J" beams. 1/3 of the diameter (maybe less!) of the wheel.
J beams are 7cm/10studs long!!! THESE WHEELS HAVE A DIAMETER OF
21cm/30studs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eep...oorg...aiee...

csues em whlie I revocer...

also, they are roughly 1/4 of the width of the wheel-
that makes the wheels 4 studs, or 3cm, wide!
They're gears, Jim, but not as we know 'em.

Can someone please tell me that these wheels are not that big, that my eyes
are deceiving me?!?!?!?!

-Matt, still not quite recovered from the shock...
Creator of the fastest off-roader using the mindstorm.