 Technic / 6673
6672  |  6674
Subject:
Getting Crown gear to mesh with new-style dif (Was: Re: Technica 4)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:00:01 GMT

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:02:13 GMT, Fredrik =?iso-8859-1?q?Gl=F6ckner?=
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:
Just one minor comment: The old style differentials had 28 teeth, not
24.  This matches the 14 teeth of the old style bevel gears, giving a
1:2 gear ratio.  I have to say that this feature is something I miss
with the new differential: It is hard to drive it directly with a
bevel/crown gear.  But then again it is more versatile with the dual
16 and 24 teeth cogs.

Dirty confession: I did a modification to a couple of 24 teeth crown
gears, I removed most of the center axle hole support thus making the
crown gear mesh with the new dif. w/o problems.

I did this testing some layouts but someday I might use them in a
model.

Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=122008

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/