 Technic / 6451
    Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor —Jason S. Mantor
    It's not pretty. I've sheared teeth on racks when using them for Z-axis (up/down) stages that had a fair bit of weight on them. It broke the pinions too : ( To be fair though, it was bad design on my part to use a rack and pinion for that. I should (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Gear and Axle Strength (was Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor) —Thomas Avery
   (...) Thanks for the advice. I know the subject of lubrication has been discussed many times before here and I should listen, I've ruined too many gears now! I'll have to try it next time. (...) I agree. After using the new geared 9v motors I'm (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)