 Technic / 6213
    Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission —Rob Stehlik
   Very Impressive! I have just been learning about real automatic transmissions in school, and they are based on planetary gear sets. Depending on which ring gear is locked, you get different ratios. I never would have thought of using differentials (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission —Jeff Jahr
   (...) locked, (...) for (...) the (...) Hey, I built a knockoff of your CVT that did use the two dishes to increase the friction. It kind of helped, but it was still really lossy. I've got to say, that is a way cool design though! I knew it would (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic)