 Technic / 6160
Re: Testers/Evaluators wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:43:53 GMT

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:55:19 GMT, "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com>
wrote:

I have two prototype/preproduction "devices" looking for a good home.

1. Generic RCX sensor adapter brick. This little 2x4 brick interfaces
between the RCX sensor input and your own sensor design. It does all the
hardwork, multiplexing the power and sensor input. It provides a stabilized
5v @ 10mA output and accepts either a 0 - 5v or 0 - 0.5v input signal. It
uses a constant current signal to the RCX so it can be relied upon to be
very accurate. 0 - 5v (or 0 - 0.5v in x10 mode) is scaled to be 0 - 100
light sensor units at the RCX input.

2. New variant of the popular 4x6 brick 4 channel radio control receiver.
This one has proportional speed control of the 4 motor channels. You will
need an 8 button 418MHz transmitter to be able to use this (CMD-HHTX-418
from Digikey or RF1046 from HiTechnicStuff).

As per usual, these devices are available at no charge to a suitable "good
home".

JB

Hi: I would like to be a tester. My email address is
joev@frontiernet.net