 Technic / 5783
5782  |  5784
Subject:
Torsen lsd revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:51:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi guys,

Motivated by the recent thread about torsen limited slip differentials,
I finally posted a couple of my LSD designs on my website:

http://www.kungstorget.nu/?link=lsdindex

More specifically, I came up with a torsen-like design that mimicks the
functionality of a real torsen diff:

http://www.kungstorget.nu/?link=torsen

What I mean by "functionality" of a real torsen diff is that my design
locks up only when there is a torque applied to the crown gear or when
the difference of angular velocity between the two halfshafts is large.
If none of these two conditions aren't met, my design acts like an open differential.

Interestingly I was able to get this design working only with yellow
worm gears, FWIW.  If you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

Cheers,
//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, jaja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu