 Technic / 5017
Re: Techic Bicycles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 12:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:
There is a really good Liebherr crane on this webring:

  http://homepage2.nifty.com/KIBUN/MindStorms/index.html

Some other good stuff too including a tank transporter, which unfortunately
was something I was going to have a bash at at some point in the future!

Jennifer

Does it actually matter that someone's built one before you?

Strictly speaking I've built one before both of you that's long since been
dismantled. There's so many things on that page that I've wanted to build
it's hard to beleive (scud, schnabel, thunderbirds, crane). Luckily my tanks
better (picture's soon). And if I want to build a new tank transporter I
have an exscuse. I even have two prototypes in mind but no space in my
schedule to actually build either.

I've actually been thinking about the whole making somthing someone else has
already built, situation a lot recently, and I think now would be a good
time to discuss it. Surely if you build a better one you have no problems,
and you can just quote the original as 'inspiration' :-).

Steve