 Technic / 4953
Re: RFC:LoTek updated with a RC Killough and videos of the Lynx tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 18:46:24 GMT

On Wed, 16 May 2001 10:03:40 GMT, Jennifer Clark
<jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote:
Good work Tobbe, one thing I noticed immediately is that your models move
really quickly (or have you just speeded the film up? :-)

Yeah, I try to make them move as fast as possible w/o comprimising to
much raw power. It's more fun to drive a fast model with radio control
you see.

All movies are 100% speed except the slow motion shot on the Lynx page
,)

I love the Killough platform, and the descriptions of the various
movements make a lot of sense. I'd like to make a mini version of this
(for a lego Dalek?) but I suppose having to have roughly spherical wheels
will limit this to an extent, I think the smallest suitable wheels would
be the ones in 8226:

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8226

Something went wrong with the link to AltaVista (it makes the search
"+lego++killough" instead of "+lego +killough", have to fix that
soon), there is a really small Killough out there:

http://homepages.fbmev.de/bm957542/Robotics/SmallKilloughPlatform/index.html

Sorry if the URL get's broken into two lines, dunno how to override
the settings...

I guess one can use more then two wheels per set to work around the
bumping that will occur with thinner or more square wheels.

I have to make new movies of the EightLegs robot soon, they're from
when the video editing crashed.

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/creations/eightlegs.html

They get black and white after a short while.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/