 Technic / 4931
Re: RFC:LoTek updated with a RC Killough and videos of the Lynx tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 16:06:25 GMT

Both of these creations are very cool, and your videos are nicely done.

Thanks! I need to redo some of them I noticed, perhaps not on the
Killough and Lynx pages but the eight legged walker has some bugs in
the movie. This is due to the video editing things going capput but
I've fixed it now so...

I really wish that LEGO would put out a simple RC set that would run a few
motors.  I think we'd see a lot more creations along these lines if there
were a pure LEGO solution.  You can sort of get the same effect with
Mindstorms plus the remote, but the range and the interface are very limiting.

I'm thinking of a unit that can replace my servo/polarity switch that
plugs into the FM reciever for the radio control. Would be a space and
thought saver.

I can see why ppl. don't want to use non-LEGO elements in their
projects but I think it really adds something in this case.

And until my project in progress I had never modified a LEGO brick but
I relly thought that a 3650 Technic Gear 24 Tooth Crown should be able
to drive a differential directly from the side.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3650

I simply cut some of the center that sticks out.

Guess I'll be flamed now ,)
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/