 Technic / 16356
16355  |  16357
Subject:
Big motorized grader by Techniker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 20:40:35 GMT

Hello all.

I can't post much anymore since art school takes most of my time, but still
check the net for awesome new designs.  There are not many Lego graders out
there, but another one by Techniker just emerged, and its awesome!

If you recall, back in 2006 I finished this grader design:

1. His is bigger than mine, and it bends in the middle.  It appears to be geared
so that this "bending" and the steering in front work together- very impressive!

2. Its not all pneumatic, but motorized nonetheless

3. It uses my steering design, but its motorized.

4. It doesn't have independent pendular suspension, but its still motorized.

5. Its plow has a greater turning radius without having to swing sideways to get
more angle.  It has less degrees of freedom but doesn't need as many.

6. A hamster can't drive his design, but hamsters can't drive anyway. However
maybe squirrels can- if their tail doesn't get caught in any rotating devices.

I wish I knew how to think simple!  Overall his design is much more fun to play
with which means its more marketable.  Motorizing a large design is very hard to
do, and he did it by simplification. Lego should produce and sell his design-
and such an idea does not lack verisimilitude.

Techniker goes by his real name on this forum, doesn't he?  He posted earlier
this year.

-Nathan Bell