 Technic / 16242
Re: Phoenix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:37:21 GMT

On 2/12/08, mahjqa <mahjqa@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm curious about the drive wheels for the tractor.  It appears you're
using wheels with pin holes, not cross-axle holes.  Is that correct,
or did you swap out the wheels for different pictures?

I see you're paying close attention! I was set on using the chromed
<http://peeron.com/inv/parts/55981 rims> that were used in some versions of
<http://peeron.com/inv/sets/4883-1 4883 Gear Grinders>. And sadly, those chromed
ones don't have axleholes...

Yes, I really like those wheels, also.

Luckily, that can be circumvented. Earlier, when rebuilding the Batmobile to
include a little mechanism I found out that a little part could solve my
problem...

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mahjqa/ideas/batmobile1.jpg>>

Two helpings of <<http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/71/32054.png>> and I was
on my way again.

So, they are friction pins at least.  And it gives the drive some
slip, to help it turn better.  Very nice

Steve