 Technic / 16167
  End effector that can "feel"

Hey everyone. I have built a realistic grasping end effecter that can feel when something in is its grasp (without touch sensors). I have attached a deconstructed version that I use. (URL) principle is pretty simple. As the end effecter closes and (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End effector that can "feel"

(...) Nice. And I agree, nice-looking. I once Bricklinked some of those same "rubber skirt" pieces for this, but never did get them in an effecter that I liked (I was trying smaller at the time). Now I use the flexible 1x2 studless beams that first (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End effector that can "feel"

(...) I was comparing sensor reading to sensor reading and your point compares sensor reading to motor on/off condition, which is even better. I have never considered your idea of motor stall. That is probably because I am notorious for high gear (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End effector that can "feel"

Hi, this is a very good solution! I really like the way this is done, even if it uses 2 sensor ports. The use of the double gear boxes to close the fingers at the same time is very nice! Really great work, excellent end effector solution. Eric (...) (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)