 Technic / 15907
Re: Wonderful design tidbits PDF - anybody else impressed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote:
This popped up on theNXTstep blog a short time ago - it's from a builder in
Japan named Isogawa Akihito's, and I've got to say I'm really impressed, and was
wondering what others thought. The blog post:

http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-pdf-book-from-japan.html

and the webpage with the download (he's asking $10, download it and look at it
first, even spread it around, which seems rather... extremely reasonable):

http://www.isogawastudio.co.jp/legostudio/toranomaki/en/

I am impressed. This "book" is simply delightful. Many useful tips, wonderful
presentation... Highly recommanded!

Philo

Don't let Brian's and Philo's understatements lead you to believe that this
book, a collection of hundreds of ultra-high quality photos arranged in a
stunningly simple succession of nearly uniform page layouts, is anything but the
finest reference of ways to put Technic pieces together that I have ever seen.
Only 18 pages into it and I had to stop to make this post.  Every page provides
another "Oh, I didn't know you could do *that*!" moment.

Don't crash the server but if you don't download this book you aren't serious
about learning how to put all this stuff together.

The only thing that would make it better were if it were available as a poster
so that I could hang it on my wall for instant reference.  This absolutely needs
to become a hardcopy book!

A grand masterpiece.  Not ten stars, nor eleven, but at least a dozen or more!

Rafe