 Technic / 15399
    Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth —Jordan Bradford
   (...) It was introduced in 1997 in (URL) 8479 Barcode Multi-Set>, which you programmed with barcodes. It wasn't used again until 2003. (URL) In the (URL) LEGO Education Team Challenge set> it is used with a light sensor to create a rotation sensor. (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth —Dan Berladyn
   Thank you for that information. I took a look through several pictures of a 8479 Barcode Multi-Set, I wanted to see how the Timing Wheel was used. While doing so I came up with the idea of using a Touch Sensor with the Timing Wheel. This works so (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth —Mark Bellis
   (...) Following on from the use of the 8-tooth timing wheel in the 8479 bar code truck, which varied the rev sound, I used a 4-lobe Technic Knob Wheel (URL) with a touch sensor connected to a bar code unit to produce a 'chuff' sound for a large (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)