 Technic / 15230
Re: suggestions for building an articulated front end loader?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 16:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I want to build one of those front end loaders that articulates in the
middle to steer. I know how to build the loader bucket and wheels and stuff
but I am stuck with the articulated steering.
Anyone got any information/tips/pictures/whatever that could help me build
this?
I dont want to use huge amounts of technic parts (especially studless
beams) as this is going to be a model to go alongside the recent dump truck
(the one with the huge bucket).
I do own pneumatic parts but I dont intend for this model to be pneumatic.

What size loader in what scale?  That is the first question for you that comes
to mind.  The solution can't really be described in words, but I can show you a
link to the one I did a while ago.

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=14799

If you are building in a bigger scale then use several big 72-toothed turntables
on top of each other for the joint. Will it steer pneumatically or with gears?
Jon Fors designed a huge pneumaticly steering wheel loader last year.

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=13936

  Not to be narcissistic, but I did a pneumaticly steering compacter a while
ago.