 Technic / 14960
Re: 3 segments hexapod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:26:12 GMT

Hi Sigurd,
I am always intrigued by walkers, and this one has particularly
intersting features. Is it completely auto walking, I mean if you feed
it air, it walks? How long does it take per step, and how long per
cycle? What is the gait it uses? What are that stats - how many
valves, large/small cylinders does it use overall, and how does that
break down per leg, plus the main central control set (if there is
any). How is it steered?
Would a penumatic circuit diagram for a leg be possible? What is the
rubber band loaded system using two pulley peices attached to a
pneumatic valve about? I just have so many questions about this rather
amazing bot.

Could any of your problems be solved by using the earlier discussion
about gaining access to the "fourth port"? As opposed to using a one
way valve? That may allow sucessful mid-stop if that is what you
required.

I would love to see the video. Does the video have sound - with
pneumatic I just thought - if you want to avoid a bandwidth drain, how
about stuffing on eDonkey and handing out the tracker link?

It may not work exactly as palnned yet sigurd, but I assure you, it is
most definately still a triumph.
--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots