 Technic / 12793
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:36:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   Sometimes it is not easy to get perfect geometry out of LEGO.

I’ve been wrestling with geometries to get the pumps just the right distance apart, and also having the compression strokes force the pumps through thier full range.

This sort of work is much easier, if you’re working with larger distances. Getting a circle between 2 and 3 studs wide to spin is NOT easy. Good luck.

I ended up using a little geometry and trignometry, and a C program to help run through the possible geometric combinations...... Never done that before.

You should post a screen-shot or two. I’m interested to see what kind of data you came up with. I’m sure it’s not written in a “presentable” format, but personally, I really don’t care. I’d just like to see it. (Actually, I’m not even interested in the exact data, I just want have a look at your thought process...)

Steve