 Technic / 12598
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 16:42:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Steve,
  You seem to be keeping track of the inventory.....  What all did you plan to
have packed into the torso of SSClagorpion?

  I'd like to scale the size of the torso back by shortening the legs a bit.
I'm feeling the scale is too large.

  If I have an inventory of what all will be in the torso, I can know the lower
bound of the torso volume and dimensions.

The body will need to hold 2 RCXs, 1 Spybot, and 1 compressor.  The Spybot would
be the head, and the RCXs should face the Spybot (for IR).  I'm pretty sure
facing the back of the Spybot is fine.

The compressor size is up to you.

Why not use studded beams for the body?  Looking at the pictures, I think the
body needs to be much wider.  Almost square, with six legs.

It was a joke Steve......  Gotta get those studless beam haters some stimuli.

Studded beams make a lot of sense in the body, because of their superior
strenght.

Oh, and we still need sensors in the leg.  Can you make building plans for a
leg?  (At least the part that does the work)

Patience Steve.  I spent *all* day yesterday and this morning getting this much
done.  The design of the leg part that touches the ground is very much
*undesigned* yet.  Sensors are not nearly as critical to me as getting the legs
and body trusses so that they can be weight bearing.

Steve

Kevin