 Technic / 12558
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 04:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

In normal walking we expect that the sideways walking leg pistons will be all
expanded.  When we switch to sideways walking, we subsititute sideways sweep for
hip sweep.

Will it be possible to expand or contract all sideways walking pistons at the
same time?

Looking at SSClagorpion from the front........ and only looking at one of the
two leg groups:
__
/ /  Down
__
\ \ Down
__
\ \ Up
__
/ /  Up

In this case we'll need to have half the sidways pistons expanded and half
contracted all the time.  Otherwise all the legs will thrust away from the body
and then back.  Right?

Right.  I think.  So, where (side to side) will the legs be when it's walking
forward?