 Technic / 12509
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:37:53 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

And, do we know how big this thing is, yet?

Dunno.  I'm mulling around the leverage issue.  I don't see why the feet should
have to rise more that the amount the piston expands/contracts.  If I can figure
out how to make the leverage work (and pack it all in nicely), we could be back
to 8 vertical pistons, instead of 24.

Considering the flex in the body/leg and the overall size/weight of this guy, it
may be good to raise it up a bit more.  Maybe 2x the normal throw?  With that in
mind, that still only 2/leg or 16.

(oh, btw Kevin, can you come up with a cool design
for a Spybot walker? :)

Uh, sure.....   How many legs?

I was thinking about a diff-drive walker that would be stable, no matter which
legs were up/down.  I think that means it needs 8.  Something simple, and this
is low priority.

Steve