 Technic / 12412
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

The next question is, how easy is it to get to 13 PSI with LEGO based
compressors. • ...

If we double the number of pistons, we'd only need to get to 6 PSI, but will
this really make much difference on piston transition time.

With twice the pistons, the pressure is not as great, but the volume of air
would be doubled, right?

Using logic, not physics, I think once the pressure is built up (to 13 psi) the
compressor may have to do less work to keep it there, than to maintain twice the
volume, at 6 psi.

Or, it's the same amount of work.  But I doubt it will be less work on the
compressor to maintain the 6 psi with twice the pistons.

I'd like us to make Scorpion completely out of LEGO parts.  I'm not a full time
purist, but typically this is my goal so that others can make copies.  I guess
also that I'd like to make it out of currently available parts.  This rules out
the use of the original single ported pistons.  Unfortunatly this also rules out
the use of:

I agree with trying to use LEGO parts (as a goal), but I'm not sure about
limiting to currently available parts.  I mean, do you REALLY think anyone would
try to replicate this?  :)

And, if they do, the parts are available on Bricklink, right?

Steve