 Technic / 12337
Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:02:55 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Thomas Avery wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Eric Sophie wrote:
   Deep in the heart of Biomechanical Bricks, a new Mecha has been created:

The Rizmit

(Ah, finally! I’ve had time to sit back and enjoy looking at this for a while!)

Excellent. I just needed to respond to this message!

   This is awesome, Eric! He’s much cleaner and sleeker than his predecessor, the Red
Robot. The use of red slopes makes for great body work. I also think the gray and
red color combo gives Rizmit an excellent look.

Cool, thanks, I worked hard on it and I am very proud of the way it looks.

   I like the gray Technic frame, and seeing Rizmit “naked”. Can I see all your ‘bots
naked? Will there be a swimsuit issue? :-) Seriously, his frame looks very sturdy
due to it’s thickness. Really great construction man!

Thank you. The frame of this Mecha is where “it” is at. The frame its’self is the very reason I wanted to build this robot. Aside from other personnal reasons, that frame was something I just had to construct.

I’ll try to snap pics when I’m at the frame stage. As for seeing my Mecha naked, well, we need a first date, first.

Oh, btw, no Technic Pins on the first date either.

   BTW, did you leave any Technic turntables and 40t gears for the rest of us?

Um, no. They’re all mine, and if you have any, its beacause I’m letting you use them. 1 word, service packs!

   The only negative comment I have (and it’s not really negative, more neutral I guess
:-) is that his fingers look a little thin and weak in comparison to the rest of him
(particularly the awesome 3-toed feet, which look like they could stomp the hell
outta anything). But that’s just me and my opinion. You are an superior LEGO builder
and artist in my eyes!

Ahh yes, thank you. The fingers are to scale. Though I wanted to use small click hinges between the digits, so I guess it can look skimpy at times. But they look better in person. I suppose. Cool, glad you like the feet. They are designed to smash Mega-Blocks...ug, I said it.

Thank you, I hope to emtpy the Technic Bits Bin I have. I’m swimming in bushings and short axles. I keep trying to use them in new creations. Creations that I put my heart into.

   best,
TJ

Thank you ,

Eric Sophie

   p.s. I take it you’re not going to PDX? You will be missed!

I missed all your Mom’s too. But the pictures on Brickshelf made up for it.