 Announcements / 2408
  New Mecha - The Rizmit

Deep in the heart of Biomechanical Bricks, a new Mecha has been created: (URL) The Rizmit> (URL) Construction Notes 37 inches tall (URL) All Technic Frame> Technic Turntables at the major joints Two Movie Maker Cameras in the eyes - Planned to be (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX) !!

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Wow - Looks awesome Eric! I love the look of the red on gray (old gray!). It's also cool to see how you constructed the technic frame and then added the panels. Can't wait to see more! -mark (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Man Eric, another masterpiece!!! I especially like getting to see the guts of this sucker. :) Sure wish I could see it in person. As with most large Lego creations, pictures just can't do them justice. Greg "Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) organic feel than your previous ones and a LOT more detail. the likes: the optimus prime "matrix" chest, of course (coincidence or not?), the arms, legs and chest showing better proportions and more curves, and let's not forget the toes--they (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) (...) Hi E! So this is what you have worked on lately!! I already was wondering when we would see something new out of your hands; it has been month ago I've heard or seen anything from you... But U R back! O joy! I have to (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Oooh! Nice Eric! I've always loved that color-combo since way before my dark ages! Looking forward to detailed construction photos :) Does it stand like pictured in the store? Looks like lot's of hands can tilt that one to the floor! You must have (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Eric, Looks awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to find time to come to Paramus and see him in person. Love the shot of Rizmit caught with his pants down: (URL) D. (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

I really admired the style of this old foot: (URL) the new incarnation is certainly more practical and functional. Your robots have become more functional over time, while remaining artistic and beautiful (in an insectobot kind of way). The skeleton (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Wow, Eric. The mecha looks great. One of the things that really jumps out at me is the way you've used slopes all over the body to decrease a possible pixelated look. It gives the whole mecha a very flowing, smooth look. I have a feeling that (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) find your mechs very impressive by their size and their complexity, I am not at all impressed by this one. I fail to see the difference between this one and the previous ones. As I said, *I* fail to see... Maybe it's just me. But I feel you (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Fo Shizzle My Rizzle...E this is a nice addition to your fine family of mecha. This one looks like the drunken uncle who shows up at your house during the holidays and drinks all your beer. I dig the hand design, but as usual, I give you highest (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hi Eric, Still a nice work..... :-) may be you are the best constructor .... Regards Chris. (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Sweet Jesus on a minibike, that is a beautiful piece of work. Hope to see it in person someday. Soren (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Excellent work Eric. As always, I'm boggled by all the mechanical/electrical systems you put into your 'bots, so I guess I focus on, and appreciate, the actual 'design' solutions a bit more. In particular, the V-shaped waist area lends a bold (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Holy catfish Eric. Fun fun fun, I expect Rizmit will be showing itself off for you? These creations of yours are getting more and more refined. That's what I'm seeing. Jama blows folks away but the proportions are kind of funny. Rizmit is sleeker, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Bro, very nice. Very nice indeed. Like Keith, I dig the head, per all Sophie mecha. Quite unique, yet it hearkens back to my all time fave, the big red robot. Sweetness. Hope all is well. (URL) p.s. - Dude, where the hell is my tie fighter? (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

That thing is huge, you think a bit to big, rofl. Awesome creation, I couldnt even make half of that just parts wise, haha. Cant wait to see that thing actualy move in some kind of movie, You make sure you tape something for us !! (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hey Mark, happy New year to you and your family. Thank you for the kind compliments. I also look forward to more Mecha Goodness in the following months to come. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hey JC, thanks for the feedback. I tried to build the cameras into the head and with the M-tron canopy the proportions were hard to keep small. Still the mecha frame was a triumph. cool deal, thanks. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hey Nate, me computer is broke, so I check in remotely.And what can you expect next time? 1. A Black Technic Jama Dog 2. More Moonbases 3. who knows! e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Tobbe! I had the model on display in the store for about 2 hours. I stood with it and I talked with people, and then moved it to somewhere more appropriate; the store front window. I still need to pose into more positions to show off its (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hey Paul, cool man, the Rizmit should be on display here at the store for another 2 weeks. Come on down! What? You never seen a naked Mecha? LOL! e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) what you seen now. I did however include the rotation pivot support behind the ankles. future photos will show the mechanism. (...) Cool, that is my goal. (...) Ha, you know it! But as for the head and face, well, it'd be minced. (...) Cool, I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Deep man Deep! I like it. ....and oh so true. Good advice. Thank you. sincerely, Eric Sophie (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Terry you picked up on a good point, let me explain. For many years I have worked to build and construct a collection of large Mecha creations. Recently, three of my large Mecha have fallen to the way side, either from neglect or from just (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Kieth! You Magnificent Bastid! I'm still here. My computer died. I'm still building. Infact the passed out in the pharmacy thing is not to far off.....that's what's scary. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Kieth! You Magnificent Bastid! I'm still here. My computer died. I'm still building. Infact the passed out in the pharmacy thing is not to far off.....that's what's scary. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hi Chris, thank you, perhaps I can learn from you as well. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Soren, I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I got my 3 foot mecha to whoop that #@%$&*! Thank you sir. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Thanks, this Mecha has no motors, but it does have lights in the head and two cameras in the eyes. i wanted to mechanize the head, but found it better not too. (...) Cool, I'm glad you like those areas. It took awhile to get each of those (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) and 42 skiddo's. (...) Already got it in the window. (...) Ya, Jama is weird, otherworldly, but still wierd. Thank you, I am trying to evlove my designs to be more fluid, more organic. (...) e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Cool, the Red Robot is an old fave? (single tear) (...) So far so good, miss ya bro. (...) I grilled my Mom, well she sent them somewhere! Just think, some muggle is swooshing your Ties as we speak, oh the in justice. I'll make it up to you. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Thanks! it took a dent out of my collection. A much needed dent! LOL! (...) Yo, that would be cool right! I'll do that someday. I think it would be just too cool. e (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) snipped (...) Hmmm - it seems to be missing the pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your mechas. Is there an update with said pics on the way? Bob (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

There are few constants in this world; but one thing I can always count on is Eric Sophie coming up with a several foot tall mecha with a name that sounds like Snoop Dogg or E-40 lyric. So RR gets a makeover, eh? I can definitely see the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Hey Greg! I'm suppossed to go visit Scott Lyttle, perhaps you can see it then, or at Brick Fest. There is more in the hands on experience I agree. (...) e (...) (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Yeah sure why not, but it will have to wait until the photoshoot. ;) (...) e (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

Come down south man! I live reasonably close to Scott, we can get together for a cool adult beverage! Greg "Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:HsuHsG.IvK@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) just (...) then, (...) created: (...) (URL)¬ (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Bonded by Bricks. (...) I just couldn't leave that M-Tron Canopy (Trans Neon quarter dome, ehem) laying about, reminding me of the fallen RR. Also I have wanted for some time to make a giant scaled Macro Bot. The blend fit the bill. This way, (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) (Ah, finally! I've had time to sit back and enjoy looking at this for a while!) This is awesome, Eric! He's much cleaner and sleeker than his predecessor, the Red Robot. The use of red slopes makes for great body work. I also think the gray (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) (URL) Ahem...> Enjoy, e Vanetines Day at the Water Bug (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) This picture made me laugh: (URL) She looks... well, just a little bit guilty. And the pose and expression of the mecha is absolutely perfect. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

now you know why i call him the "sultan of stack"...... (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) Now he knows why I won't pose. Clear enough now Eric? ;) Dawn (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) Baaahaaa Jama has a camera built into it. I'm so gonna get a picture. However you see Jacob, even the Sultan of Stack gets turned down sometimes. Funny thing is, I never even asked Dawn to pose yet. How many Yellow Duplo Bricks do I gotta give (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) Oops, are you sure you wanted to give that little secret out? ;) Ah, that's right, the secret was out when you posted Jama's spy capabilities on Brickshelf. (...) I still haven't even gotten that cappucino you owe me. (...) LOL, careful e, you (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) I'm so getting myself in trouble here! Hmmm, what can I do....... e (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) I think you like being there. ;) (...) Hmmm..... 1. 'fess up 2. Make it a caramel macchiata instead of a cappucino which is actually due from Rizmit, not you. However, since you're responsible... and.... 3. Build the next Mecha, at least 24" (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) mmmmnnkay (...) Oh no! Help (URL) Thraxis!> (...) uh oh, I'll try. (...) e (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) Hmmm...you are easy. Can I get a Cinnabon this time too? :) (...) K, never had the pleasure of seeing Thraxis before, very impressive. Maybe I've been talking to the wrong builder... Guess I owe you at least one pic for showing me Thraxis. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pretty girls that usually get their photo taken with your Mecha

(...) omg (...) wha..? (...) Yes and that would be Jeff Ranjo that has the honor of first clear creator. He goes by the name Thraxis. LMHoFammer too. (...) Ahh, (...) Thank you and that is nice of you to say. If you knew the pain, you'd let me take (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - The Rizmit

(...) Excellent. I just needed to respond to this message! (...) Cool, thanks, I worked hard on it and I am very proud of the way it looks. (...) Thank you. The frame of this Mecha is where "it" is at. The frame its'self is the very reason I wanted (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New (year old) Mecha - The Rizmit - New Pics!

(...) -snip- (...) New Pics! ==== newly edited links above (URL) e (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New (year old) Mecha - The Rizmit - New Pics!

In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie wrote: snip Are those re-color pics new? If not, it's still the first time I've seen them. Very cool! (19 years ago, 17-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)