 Technic / 11296
Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Brian Reynolds wrote:

Near 180 degrees maybe tough.  You'll need to keep the piston attached as close
as possible to the pivot point of the arm to get the maximum range.

The four bar linkages used for driving excavator buckets are good for doing
appoximately 180 degrees motion, especially when you have to go "round a
corner". The following shows an example - I'm not sure about its angular range
but certainly 180 degrees is possible with this type of linkage.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=8837_1&v=z

Jennifer