 Technic / 11024

Subject:
A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:28:27 GMT

Hi, As soon as I saw these big wheels, I knew that there has to be a way to use them as part of a roller bearing to support a big crane... So here it is (the bearing only, the crane will take a bit more time):

The wheels were too small to use by themselves, so I added the three stud long lift arms on one side to “prop up” the wheels... Obviously, on an actual crane a somewhat more powerful motor will be needed to drive the rotation...

Greetings, David

Re: A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels
That's one of the most intriguing designs I've seen lately.  As soon as I
get my Hailfire droid wheels, I'm going to make a coal dump for my train
yard.  It would also be good for a train turntable.

Rob

<http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/hi_bearing3.jpg
<http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/lo_bearing3.jpg>>
<http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/hi_bearing2.jpg