 Technic / 10905
Re: Water Tank in 8454?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:59:02 GMT

I'm a big fan of building sets using only box cover pictures.  I can
tell you for a fact that even the box-cover photos don't necessarily
reflect exactly what you get inside.  For example, I recently bought
Hagrid's Hut, and the cover photo shows some parts of the set built
using black bricks, but the instructions show dark grey instead.  That's
a minor example, but imagine the difficulty of keeping the promotional
photos for minor tweaks of the set straight.

Jeff E

Purple Dave wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
    Oh that is weird. When I looked at the Technic site at
www.lego.com/technic, it showed that both side doors could be opened at the >same time, or was it an error?

     It's hard to say.  It's a proven fact that some Toy Fair sample models
don't reflect final designs, and some aren't constructed correctly (I once saw
Jango's Slave I with the wings mounted backwards), so it's possible that both
doors are supposed to be able to open at the same time.  All I know for sure is
that the model they had on display had some little slider bar that would lock
one door down while allowing the other door to open.  There's no reason why it
couldn't be modified to allow both to open, even if that's not how the final
design works.