 Technic / 10712
    spider walker —Brian H. Nielsen
    I've had this wind-up mechanical spider for so long that I no longer remembered what it was called. I've always been fascinated with how it moved and wanted to recreate it with LEGO. It's been a fun project, and many challenges were overcome in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Re: spider walker —Ross Crawford
   (...) Now if it could only turn corners.... BTW, those Brickshelf URLs (with ?i=xxx) are not available until after moderation either - you need to link one level deeper, like you did with the MPG URL. Regards ROSCO (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: spider walker —Brian H. Nielsen
   (...) Thanks, I'm really happy with it. (...) Actually, its path curves slightly to the left. The body's center of gravity needed to be kept near the leg driver attachment points to minimize its momentum of rotation both forward and to the sides. As (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)