 Technic / 10535
Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 04:04:07 GMT

Personally I'm not at all impressed with these parts. So the motor is
slightly smaller? So what. The 'mindstorms motor'as it's been called is
small enough. It's made out of clear plastic. That only makes it harder to
camouflage in models. I never liked those clear cylinder blocks either...
As for the two gear boxes: they do nothing you can't do with existing parts.
It all smells like the start of the Juniorization of Technic.
If only they would release another gearbox like we had for the 4,5V motor:
axle holes all the way through, and a gear reduction of 1:20 which is
otherwise impossible in the space of 4x2x3 (if I remember correctly).
Please Lego, the new Technic sets are great, don't go spoiling things
now....

Duq

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message
New Gear Boxes and Motor System!

Thank you KK Quah! Thank you TLC!!!

Oh Man! Check out the mini worm boxes and transcase!

Brain Temperature on the Rise!

(*faints....)