 Storage / 1649
Re: What to do with sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:07:46 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.storage, Eric Borden wrote:

How do people store sets they purchase?
1. Leave them separate from the main collection. -or-
2. Add them to the collection of LEGO?

I see benefits to both but was wondering what others do.

I do some of each.  Most sets are sorted directly into the main collection, but
some sets are kept separate, as collected items.

However, I don't do "MISB" -- if I get a set, I build it.  If I like a set
enough to want to collect it, I certainly like it enough to want to build it. :)

And if I need parts out of a set, those parts get pulled and used.  And
eventually, returned.

Steve

Pretty much the same here. I kept a couple of sets that I really liked
almost separate (apart from borrowing parts). Some I keep together to
challenge myself to see what I can do with them. I really don't do MISB.
I have bought classic sets from ebay mostly because I wanted to build them.

Danny