 Storage / 1647
Re: What to do with sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Eric Borden wrote:
How do people store sets they purchase?
1. Leave them separate from the main collection. -or-
2. Add them to the collection of LEGO?

I see benefits to both but was wondering what others do.

Thanks.

Generally, Stacy and I do a little of both.  A lot of times I will buy sets with
the intent to build them...but just never get the time.  They may sit in our
'LEGO Lair' for a number of months unopened before I finally decide to get
around to building and/or sorting them.  I think right now I still have sets
from X-mas 2007 that I haven't got around to either building or parting out.

The issue for me is that I know I will want the set down the road, I just might
not have the time right now to get to it.  So, I just buy it and set it aside.
In a way, it's like having my own little toy store!  Any time I want to get a
'new set' I just head down there and grab one.  :-)

-Dave