 Storage / 1532

Subject:
Packing MOCs for Shipment - Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:37:50 GMT

In preparation for the upcoming HOB event, I am becoming more and more concerned with how to transport my MOCs safely either as checked airline baggage or by over-nighting via a shipping company. I have found some helpful information by searching around LUGNET, but was hoping to consolidate it all into one post for future reference. Would those who have experience in this area mind posting their experiences so that I can avoid my past mistakes?

My first lesson is that each component or MOC should be individually bagged so that if the outer carton is compromised, the bricks will remain inside the box. It is also easier to reconstruct an assembly when the parts are prevented from commingling with those from other assemblies.

Before: After:

-Duane

Re: Packing MOCs for Shipment - Suggestions?